Original post by @maxlamanna on instagram.
This recipe lets you make your own tortilla’s for making wraps, burrito’s and the like. The wraps are flexible and easily baked.
These amounts produce 8 tortillas.
|Potatoes (with skins)||275g|
- If necessary, remove sprouts from the potato with a spoon.
- Cut the potatoes into cublets.
- Put the potatoes in a bowl with salted water for 30 mins.
- Boil the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes, put in a bowl and mash them thoroughly.
- Add the flour into the bowl and knead with your hands into a consistent dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and cut into 8 equal parts.
Shaping the tortillas⌗
Tip: After making the first tortilla you can bake it while rolling the next, and so on.
- Prepare your worksurface by cleaning it (dry).
- Spread a pinch of flour to avoid the dough sticking to the surface as it is stretched out.
- Take a piece into your hands and flatten it into a disk.
- Use a rolling pin to evenly thin the dough into the tortilla shape. With the base amounts you should be able to manage a 20cm diameter.
Baking the tortillas⌗
You bake the tortilla’s in a pan on medium fire, do not use oil as this will just soak into the tortillas. The baking time depends on a lot of things, such as the thickness of your tortilla’s. Usually you can bake them for a certain amount of time, once on each side.
Tip: If you plan to use them for dinner then stack them on a plate and cover with a dry towel of some sorts to keep the heat in the pile.