This recipe produces protein rich strips that is comparable to pulled chicken in texture. The seasoning and stock used create a rich and tasteful flavor. The pieces are juicy too, due to the simmering in the stock.
These amounts produce 4 servings.
|Chickpeas||~220g (1 can)|
|Garlic powder||1 Tsp|
|Vital wheat gluten / Seitan||180g|
|Veggie stock||1 L|
- Grind the rosemary, thyme and sage together.
- Blend the chickpeas, water and spices for 2-3 minutes in a food processor.
- Add vital wheat gluten, blend for another 2-3 minutes.
- Knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 strings, twist and make into knots.
- Fry each knot on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Simmer knots in veggie stock for 50 minutes.
- Cool down (in fridge)
- Tear into strips
Tip: Before use in your dishes, fry once more for extra crispy bite!